Costs covered by the university:
- Faculty supervision on site
*Please note that students may not opt out of housing arrangements due to university policy.
All costs listed below are the student’s responsibility, unless otherwise specified.
- Tuition, 6 credits: The cost per credit depends on your program within The New School. For students outside The New School, each credit is $1,530.
- IFP program fee: $1000 – This covers administrative costs associated with the Spring-Summer program.
Additional variable costs:
- Airfare to and from the IFP location
- Local travel and transportation
- Living and personal expenses beyond housing
- Vaccinations and other medical expenses
Financing the IFP
GPIA/Management/Urban Policy/Media Studies department scholarships carry over to the summer and they work as tuition remission. In other words, the amount you receive in scholarship is subtracted from your tuition charge. Students are still responsible for the remainder of their tuition and the $1000 IFP program fee.
For other programs and issues concerning carrying over of an academic year (Fall-Spring) scholarship(s) to the summer session, your personal loans, scholarships, and other sources of financial aid, please contact Student Financial Services directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-229-8930. The IFP Team cannot answer these specific financial questions.
Sources of aid come from the University Student Financial Services.
You may also want to research external scholarships to help finance your IFP.