- Now open to Juniors, Seniors, & Graduate students from The New School as well as students in the CT/NJ/NY area.
- No Incompletes on your transcript by end of Spring semester
- Minimum 15 credits completed by end of Spring semester
- Students who display maturity, flexibility, initiative, and independence
- Please read about individual country sites to find out which sites are open to graduate or undergraduate students from outside The New School.
How do I apply?
To apply for the IFP, you must complete the online application and, at the end of the process, upload the following four documents:
- A recent resume or CV
- A writing sample or portfolio
- A brief essay for your first choice IFP country
- A brief essay for your second choice IFP country
Have the above documents prepared before you begin filling out the application. Without these document files available and ready for upload, you will not be able to complete the application process.
The writing sample can be a professional/academic paper (10-15 pages in length) showcasing your writing ability OR a portfolio (media, design, or art) highlighting your recent work in relation to the project of your first and second choice IFP sites.
The brief essays (approximately 500 words) should explain:
- Your reasons for wanting to participate in that particular IFP site.
- The relevant experience or coursework that draws you to spend the summer in that country.
- Prior experiences (research, internships, community service, travel, extracurricular activities, etc.) you have had that make you a strong candidate.
- What you expect to gain from the experience and how the IFP fits into your future studies and goals.
Do not send applications directly to Faculty Coordinators. Questions regarding the application process should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will not be reviewed until all materials have been received.
What else is required?
If invited for an interview, you must be available for one of the interview sessions that will be held in October. We will be contacting you in mid-October to schedule an appointment.
Please see our Important Dates page to keep track of upcoming deadlines.